Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Time Turner Nail Art

If you hadn't already guessed based on the title of my blog or my about me section. I love Harry Potter! Okay I've said it its out there it has been stated I am a Potterhead :) and obviously very proud. The reason for me feeling the need to state this is that today's post is based on a very cool invention from the series, book three The Prisoner of Azkaban to be precise.  So this nail art was inspired by some pictures I found on the Google and a picture I took of the Time Turner key chain I got for Christmas.
Isn't it a cool picture? I'm very proud

So with out further ado here is my nail art interpretation of a Time Turner.

Soooooooo much sparkles
 This mani is a much more accurate representation of what I was going for (I'm looking at you Night Circus manicure) dontchathink?
 My index finger is supposed to be a broken Time Turner, so I drew part of the hour glass outline and then sponged silver and gold glitter every where.
 My middle finger has a whole Time Turner on it. The hourglass and chains were made with black acrylic paint and then more silver and gold glitter sponged inside for the sand.
 My ring and pinkie fingers are my interpretation of the time turner in action. The hour glass shapes were made from blue micro beads this time, Underneath all the blue there is a coat of black or white, a flakie, a sliver or gold glitter, and then another coat of the flakie.
 The black nail is supposed to represent backwards travel and the white nail is supposed to represent forwards travel.
 My thumb is just supposed to be the sand inside the Time Turner.

 These are the colors I used for the nail art 'underwear' and my base coat: (l-r) OPI Original Nail Envy, Sinful Colors Tokyo Pearl, Sally Hansen Gilty Pleasure, Wet n Wild Black Creme.
 These are the things I used for making the Time Turners themselves: (l-r)Sally Hansen Gilty Pleasure, Americana Crystal Gloss Enamels in Black, Recollections micro beads in Capri.
 The sand and my top coat: (l-r) Sinful Colors Paris,  Recollections micro beads in Capri, Sinful Colors Queen of Beauty, China Glaze Luxe and Lush, and Revlon Colorstay Top Coat
 My base and top coat together and lookie you can see their princess stickers!
 Okay thats it, have fun guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment